Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Week 5 EOC: Superbowl Ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EVSP_6XZA


My favorite commercial from the super bowl is definitely the Doritos commercial with the little boy and his mom. The reason it’s my favorite is because it makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face. Everything about this commercial is humorous and there is no way someone couldn’t enjoy such a commercial. The little boy is definitely my favorite part of it. He is so adorable and the line they give him couldn’t be anymore perfect. His whole part when he drops the remote controller and how he gets in the guys face is so funny. Also the look on the guys face is priceless, he doesn’t even know what just happened. The little boy baffles him. Also the mom in the back asking if he’s playing nice really ties the whole commercial together. It instantly makes me happy.
They create certain emotions when they use little kids. Mainly its happiness but in commercials like the charity ones they show sad and malnutrition little kids and that’s what really draws people in to donate to that charity. I obviously prefer the happy children because it’s sad watching the other commercials. I think it’s a very good advertising move because it draws in all kinds of audiences. Almost everyone likes kids in comparison to just men liking cars and women liking makeup. All the Doritos commercials were funny this year but this one stood out the most. I also like the E*TRADE ones so I must have a preference for commercials with babies in them. The super bowl has the most amazing commercials so this was a tough decision, but I chose this one because no matter how many times I see it, it makes me laugh just as hard as the first time. I give major props to the creators of this ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment