Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 7 EOC: Project



Project, the fashion trade show, was in Las Vegas this week. The show went from August 22-24, but I also worked August 21. It was such a great opportunity and I wouldn’t have traded that experience for anything. I was part of the Front of House team. We worked the Information booth and both books and bags locations. Also we were greeters and would answer any questions that were asked. On Tuesday the 23, I got the chance to work with the fashion shows. There were three fashions shows that day and I was involved in all three. I was one of the dressers for the models during the show. We each had to dress two models in about thirty seconds. The outfits were so cute but not the easiest things to come off. It was a very fast paced and difficult situation, but I loved it. My models were also very sweet and understood that I had never done that before. They helped a lot and I’m so happy I got assigned to them. On the last day, we still did all the information stuff, but we had to check bags. That was such a process. All the exhibitors wanted to take their empty bags to the booths so that they could pack up as soon as possible. We were told that wasn’t allowed and had to stop every person with a bag. Everyone was getting irritated and wanted to talk to some sort of supervisor. It was a mad house but we got it all finished and everything was checked. Then the show closed at five so at four thirty they started taking all the bags out and of course everyone was going to miss their flight or so they said. That was also quite a hassle because people were asking for supervisors, but in the end we got them all out and finished the show with a bang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment